Students report huge benefits of using mobile apps for academic purposes:
For learning on their own, 66 % of students reported using a mobile app for learning at least once each week.
Students reported using devices to look up lecture topics during face-to-face class time; they use discipline-specific apps to access knowledge and their mobile apps to access course textbooks both during and outside of class.
In addition to these benefits, below is a list of the many other ways that students are being helped by their Mobile Apps…
- Makes it easier to access coursework (72 %)
- Increases communication with other students (65 %)
- Increases communication with instructors (60 %)
- Increases my knowledge in my field of study (48 %)
- Improves my quality of work (43 %)
- Increases motivation to complete coursework (42 %)
- Home work assignments
- Updates on events at school
- Donation Drives for fund raising
- Sport events and scores of Teams
- Bulletin boards
- Instructors can provide assignments, grades, feedback and communicate through the educational mobile platform. Schools can provide information such as upcoming sports, academic and social events. The ever-growing mobile landscape thus represents new opportunities for instructors and students learners to connect both inside and outside the classroom.
- Click Here to see full article